AVG Gurus

These community experts are here to help

• (AB) Alan Binch
  • (BA) Borislav Angelov
  • (VB) Vladimir Bartl
  • (SK) Subhadeep Kanungo
  • (MS) Miloslav Serba
Madhur MMadhur M 
Hi. Since the update 2-3 days ago the AVG Service is showing very high CPU usage. Never had this issue before. The laptop is running very slow. Normal Youtube videos are taking 2-3mins to load/buffer.  AVG Internet Security version is 22.1.3219 (Build 22.1.6921.709). I have Windows 7. There is a lot of hard disk space available. I don't play games or download big files. Normal websites are not loading properly. I have checked the control panel and AVG is not installed twice. Please help. Thank you.
Best Answer chosen by Madhur M
Midhun AloorMidhun Aloor (Foundever)

Thank you for sharing the screenshots, Madhur.

In this case, we'd request you to reinstall your AVG Internet Security using our Clear tool & check if the issue persists.
Refer to the below articles to reinstall your AVG Internet Security using Clear:

1. Uninstalling AVG Internet Security using Clear
  2. Reinstalling AVG Internet Security
  3. Activating AVG Internet Security

Keep us updated.

Kai SawatzkiKai Sawatzki 
When purchasing AVG Tuneup , I assumed that this version included the switch to turbo mode.
Since there are a lot of users complaining about this on the net, I ask that with the next update or fix,
to enable the use of turbo mode again.
Otherwise this was my last purchase of AVG Tuneup, which I was happy with before making this change.
Best Answer chosen by Kai Sawatzki
Sarath PriyanSarath Priyan (Sitel)
Hi Kai,

I see that you have already created a post regarding it and our colleague has explained about it.

Please keep up the conversation in a single post for further communication.
paul oxleypaul oxley 
I recently upgraded my AVG package to include TuneUp, Secure VPN and AntiTrack as well as my existing AVG Internet Security package. Since the upgrade I often have trouble with web pages timing out or the responses being REALLY slow. I don't have any other Anti Virus installed (other than whatever comes with Windows10). Sometimes the problem is resolved after a reboot but not always (and this isn't a satisfactory resolution!) Not sure if this is connected but since the upgrade I often notice that the PC won't closedown due to "Privacy Filter App preventing shutdown" message. Any resolutions gratefully received before I uninstall and go back to the basic free package - thanks.
Best Answer chosen by paul oxley
Midhun AloorMidhun Aloor (Foundever)

Hello Paul,

We're sorry for the discomfort this has caused you.
Let us temporarily disable your AVG programs (AVG Internet Security, AVG Secure VPN & AVG AntiTrack) one by one & check which program is causing these issues.
Refer to this article to temporarily disable your AVG Internet Security.
To disable your AVG Secure VPN, turn of the slider button in the main window of AVG Secure VPN.
Coming to your AVG AntiTrack, please disable the "Anti-Tracking" component in your AVG AntiTrack.
Keep us updated.

Eric FryEric Fry 
I have purchased a year subscription to AVE Tune Up today. Apparently it is activated but when I try to fix the performance issues I'm asked to buy a subscription again. What am I doing wrong?
Best Answer chosen by Eric Fry
Rakshith RajkumarRakshith Rajkumar (AVG)
Hello, Eric

I understand but let us make sure that the product installed in your PC is activated.
Use the below article to check if the AVG TuneUp is activated or not :
https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?urlname=Activate-AVG-TuneUp
Keep us posted.
Jagannath AdaviJagannath Adavi 
After a clean instal of Windows 10, I downloaded and installed my licensed copy of AVG PC Tuneup. I opted to scan drive C, and was prompted to restart the PC, which I did. Now the message is:"Scanning and repairing drive (C): 11% complete". The scan is stuck at 11% for about an hour. What should I do?
Best Answer chosen by Jagannath Adavi
Balasubramanian SBalasubramanian S (Avast) 
Hello Brett,

I understand the inconvenience.
To be sure, have you followed the steps as mentioned (here) to stop disk scan?
Nick FNick F 
I just upgraded AVG free to version 1.171.3.211. I do programming almost daily and sometimes I recompile the code tens or hundreds of times per day. With the latest version of AVG, every time I make minor changes in the code and recompile the program, the AVG starts scanning the executable and it informs me it will take up to 15 seconds to finish it. This is not acceptable for me, as it would slow down the development to a crawl.
All my programs are located in a particular folder (C:\MyCode). Is there a way to tell AVG not to be concerned with any of the code from that folder (unless I decide to scan the entire folder)? What other options do I have, apart for disabling the antivirus?

Kind regards,
Nick
Best Answer chosen by Nick F
Gunaseelan GurusamyGunaseelan Gurusamy (Avast)
Hello Nick,
We regret to hear about the inconvenience caused. You can add the Folder to exceptions list in AVG Anti-Virus free to fix this, please click on the link to show how to add exceptions : http://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?urlname=How-to-make-exclusions-from-all-scans-and-shields
Please, feel free to let us know if you require any further assistance. Thank you.
John KarberJohn Karber 
When I start my AVG TuneUp, the dashboard just keeps loading:
User-added image
It was working fine, I don't know what's the issue?
Best Answer chosen by John Karber
AvinashAvinash (Avast) 
Hello,
We regret to hear about the inconvenience caused. We suggest you to run repair installation of your AVG PC Tuneup to check and resolve your issue.
To repair your AVG please follow these instructions:

Go to Start -> Control Panel.
Note: Click Settings first if Control Panel is not available in the Start menu.
Open (Programs) -> Programs and Features, or Add or Remove Programs.
Select AVG PC Tuneup in the list of programs.
Click the Change or Change/Remove button.
Select Repair.
Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation.
Restart your computer.

Please, feel free to let us know if you require any further assistance.
Shane StudteShane Studte 
My AVG Internet Security keeps blocking all access to the internet. I tried disabling the firewall but it kept blocking access. I uninstall and then reinstall and it resolves the problem for a period of time only for it to occur again. This has been occurring for at least two weeks.

I checked to ensure it wasn't my browser (Firefox) by using other browsers, I checked to ensure it wasn't my network adapter but the only solve to allow internet access was to uninstall AVG.

What can I check to determine why it is blocking all access?
Best Answer chosen by Shane Studte
-980888528-980888528 (Avast)
Shane,

We do understand your concern, we apologize. Let us know the exact name of AVG you have installed, is that paid version or free version of AVG?

We would request you to follow the below steps to reinstall your AVG network filter to get issue fixed.
-Disable AVG Self Protection (http://avgclick.me/TempDisableAVG).
- Go to Control Panel -> Network Connections -> right click on the network area which is active -> "Properties"
- If there is "AVG Network filter driver" uninstall it and restart the computer twice
- AVG Firewall initializes auto-repair function so "AVG Network filter driver" should be automatically installed (therefore two restarts are needed)
- If there isn't "AVG Network filter driver" click "Install " -> "Service" -> "Have Disk" -> "Browse" and look for
c:\Program Files\AVG\AVGAV\Drivers\avgfwfd.inf
Hans NiedermeierHans Niedermeier 
I Have a windows 7 PC with AVG Internet security. Since one week  always when i start windows it falls into a scan by watchDog and cannot be stopped. ITh scan goes over more than 4 hoursand doesn't end. I cannnot use windows. What to do?
Best Answer chosen by Hans Niedermeier
KishoreKishore (Avast) 
Hello Hans. Thank you for the reply. Could you please provide us the exact error message you have received?
Frank SchmidtFrank Schmidt 
hallo wer immer das auch liest,hiermit kündige ich mein Abo zum nächstmöglichenn Termin. die bestellnummer lautet:703-0719210, bitte um schriftliche Kündigungsbestätigung per Email
Mfg
Frank Schmidt
Best Answer chosen by Frank Schmidt
KarthikeyanKarthikeyan (Foundever) 
Hello Frank,
Firstly, please accept our apologies for not replying in your language.
Please be informed that we provide customer support for issues related in English only. Therefore, we would like to ask you to specify your request in English or please contact your home country distributor for further assistance.
To learn more about our distributors in other countries, please click here http://www.avg.com/us-en/reseller-locator
Thank you.
Ask a question
Struggling with non-AVG technology? We can fix that, too!